29th January 2019
New coatings solution from Hempel increases productivity for heavy duty equipment and truck OEMs
Today, worldwide coatings manufacturer Hempel launches two new coating solutions for heavy duty equipment and trucks - Hempaprime Shield 700 HS and Hempatop Finish 850 HS. When used together they improve productivity and quality for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) by reducing production times and maximising service life. This unique combination delivers long term corrosion resistance and exceptional colour and gloss retention.
Specifically designed to optimize production, Hempaprime Shield 700 HS is a high solids epoxy primer that delivers long term corrosion resistance in the harshest environments. It exhibits exceptional adhesion to ferrous metals and substrates, is fast drying and has short minimum overcoat intervals without compromising the high-volume solids content. This robust coating provides improved crack and wrinkle resistance even at a high dry film thickness (DFT) and dries to a smooth finish without the need for sanding.
Hempatop Finish 850 HS is a durable topcoat designed to be applied in conjunction with the Hempaprime Shield 700 HS primer It delivers exceptional colour and gloss retention with excellent resistance to chemicals for a consistent, long lasting, high-quality look. An environmentally friendly coating with high solids content, low VOC, HAPs free, tin free, and ready to spray from the container without thinning. Easy to apply using standard spray equipment, Hempatop Finish 850 HS is touch-dry in just two hours and can be recoated after three without sanding, and also has an extended pot life.
Commenting on the launch, Hempel’s Head of Industrial Group Product Management, Product and Portfolio, Michael Bredfeldt, says:
“At Hempel we understand that our customers want coating solutions that not only provide superior long-lasting protection but also optimize production, are environmentally friendly, look good and offer efficiencies to their operations. These two new products tick all these boxes. Both coatings are easy to apply, are fast drying, and offer consistent high-quality performance. What really sets them apart is that they share the same lower VOC content which is better for the environment and safer for the applicators.”
When used together in wet-on-wet applications, this coating system dries rapidly and results in a strong, durable and high-performance finish. Hempaprime Shield 700 HS is the ideal primer for use with Hempatop Finish 850 HS for OEMs, including heavy duty equipment such as forklifts, excavators, harvesters, earth moving equipment, as well as trucks, trailers, commercial vehicles and military tanks.
Both coatings are now available in North America - please contact your local Hempel technical representative.
Hempaprime Shield 700 HS at a glance:
- Tested and approved according to OEM specifications
- Strong corrosion protection with improved crack and wrinkle resistance even at high DFTs
- Low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and compliant with all legislative requirements
- Easy application and fast drying for increased productivity – no thinning required and optimized for airless and air spray
- Versatile with exceptional adhesion – single primer for multiple substrates
- Superior long-lasting corrosion resistance with good aesthetics
Hempatop Finish 850 HS at a glance:
- Tested and approved, with excellent colour retention and gloss finish, meeting OEM specifications
- Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) and tin free coating complying with health and safety requirements
- Easy application, fast drying and works well with all types of spray equipment – increasing productivity
- 20 per cent lower VOCs – compliant with legislative requirements
- Superior chemical resistance
- Better for the environment and applicators
As a world-leading supplier of trusted coating solutions, Hempel is a global company with strong values, working with customers in the protective, marine, decorative, container and yacht industries. Hempel employs more than 6,500 people in 80 countries and has 28 factories, 15 R&D centres and more than 150 stock points worldwide.
Across the globe, Hempel's coatings protect surfaces, structures and equipment. They extend asset lifetimes, reduce maintenance costs and make homes and workplaces safer and more colourful. Hempel was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1915. It is proudly owned by the Hempel Foundation, which ensures a solid economic base for the Hempel Group and supports cultural, social, humanitarian and scientific purposes around the world.